Introduction from David K. Homer

It has been my pleasure to serve as your District One City Councilman for the past 8 years. On May 3rd, you will once again make a choice deciding who will represent you in the general election in November. There is no one more passionate about our district and our city. The challenges we face are high unemployment, business losses, and a failing infrastructure. During my terms as your councilman we have stabilized and become more competitive in the job market, improved our reputation with state leaders and worked well together to attract new jobs.

Jobs are my number one priority as we head into the next four years. It will take more creativity than ever before to attract jobs and businesses. This is critically important as we build municipal revenue to maintain city services and improve our infrastructure to attract future development. I have worked consistently with city officials to make improvements and will continue to partner with them in the future to move our city forward.

There is a distinct difference between my opponent and myself. I have enjoyed a successful career with the Marion Police Department, as well as my current position as Chief Investigator for the Grant County Prosecutor's Office. My extensive experience and community involvement sets me apart to continue to represent you well. I will continue to study the facts, act respectfully at council meetings and represent your concerns for our district. I look forward to representing you for the future of our community.

Thanks and God Bless

David K. Homer
Republican Candidate for Marion City Council District 1
March 22, 2011

Visit David K. Homer's Home Page