Introduction from Joseph H. Dixon III

For nearly 8 years I have fought to be a good steward of tax dollars spent by the city. I have questioned wasteful spending and inefficient use of resources throughout the years to ensure we only spend what we need and all of city employees and equipment is utilized proficiently and efficiently in order to cut down all unnecessary expense.

As member, and current President, of Jonesboro Park Board I’m proud of improvements made in city’s beautiful park over past seven (7) years. Improvements such as: Restroom facility, re-surface/re-stripe basketball court, implement annual clean up day, addition of new equipment …and what I’m most proud of is the newly formed MOVIE IN THE PARK SERIES, which is starting 3rd season May 2011!

My pledge to Jonesboro’s citizens and business owners is the same as before… I will be a watchdog for how tax dollars are spent and how departments operate to ensure spending is kept to a minimum and city departments operate in most efficient manner possible. I understand times are tough for our citizens and business owners and that’s why it’s important the city stretch the tax dollar as far as it will go and take very best care of current vehicles, equipment and buildings to help reduce/control cost. My message is simple …”Getting back to the basics” ..and always thinking “Jonesboro FIRST!”

I ask for your support this election year to ensure I’m able to serve another term. I request your support be in form of allowing me to put a sign in your yard and giving me your vote in November! …I am NOT seeking a donation from any citizen to support my campaign because I know times are tough and would rather have you spend your money taking care of your family!

Joseph H. Dixon III
Republican Candidate for Jonesboro City Council At Large
April 11, 2011

Visit Joseph H. Dixon III’s Home Page